"Occupation is slavery. In the name of occupation, generation after generation of Palestinians have been treated as property. They can be moved at will, shackled at will, tortured at will, have their families separated at will. "--Haaretz's Bradley Burston comes to new understandings after seeing the film, 'Lincoln.'
- Arab woman attacked by Jewish women in Jerusalem - Two days after a lynch by Jewish youth of an Arab man in Tel-Aviv, another attack by Jewish youth on an Arab woman in Jerusalem. 'Religious woman punched her face,' says passer-by. Photos submitted to the police by an eyewitness evidently showed young (religious) Jewish women attacking an Arab woman at a light rail station; passersby and lightrail security did not intervene. (Haaretz+ and Ynet+Photos)
- Israel denies entry to American teacher working in West Bank - After failing to satisfactorily answer security questions, the American daughter of Palestinians was turned away from Israel en route to her job teaching English in Ramallah. (Haaretz+)
- UN demands Israel explain secret deportation of Sudanese migrants - Israeli human rights activists and politicians blast deportation as immoral and in violation basic obligations under international law; no response has yet been received from Netanyahu or Interior Minister Yishai. (Haaretz+)
- Israel repatriates six Syrians treated for civil war wounds - Another Syrian remains under Israeli medical care with severe wounds sustained in the insurgency against Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to an IDF statement. (Agencies,Haaretz)
- Burglars may have stolen secret info from top nuclear official - Victim tells police that intruders stole communication device, briefcase and his wallet from home in Moshav Beit Yitzhak near Netanya. (Israel Hayom)
- Lieberman on 'Prisoner X': No one disappears in Israel - Former FM says State's conduct in Ben Zygier case was 'without fault'; adds Iran stalling nuclear talks. (Ynet)
- Iran missile experts set up camp in Gaza to aid Hamas and Islamic Jihad, report says - Israel security and diplomatic sources confirm the Iranian presence, as reported by Walla!, but won't release any more information; this is not the first instance of Iranian emissaries in Gaza, Walla! quoted the sources as saying. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.