"Appointing Lieberman as foreign minister is like planting an explosive device in the peace process." --Chairwoman MK Zahava Gal-On before the swearing-in ceremony Monday.
- Israel implicated in shooting death of Palestinian bystander - A report released by Israeli human rights group B'tselem on Monday casts "grave suspicion" that a Palestinian killed in Qabatiya on Oct. 31 was shot dead with live ammunition fired by Israeli forces, despite their denials. (Maan)
- Palestinian woman pulls knife on soldiers in West Bank - A Palestinian woman approached an IDF outpost in the Tapuach Junction in the West Bank, and pulled a knife on one of the soldiers. Soldiers subdued the woman and took her into custody for questioning. (Ynet)
- In rare operation, Palestinian police arrest criminals in Israeli-controlled areas near Jerusalem - In unprecedented operation, Palestinian Authority forces arrest dozens of criminals in neighborhoods around Jerusalem. Since the separation barrier was built in the early 2000s, the Israel Police has stopped operating in these areas. (Haaretz+)
- Clashes in Jerusalem as Israeli forces shut down Arafat event - Israeli forces and intelligence officers stormed a sports club in the Silwan neighborhood of Jerusalem and dispersed Palestinians who were commemorating the ninth anniversary of late president Yasser Arafat's death. (Maan)
- Thousands mark Arafat's death across the West Bank - Thousands of people took to the streets across the West Bank on Monday to mark the 9th anniversary of Yasser Arafat's death. (Maan)
- Israeli forces fire tear gas into 2 schools in Beit Ummar - Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters into a school and a kindergarten north of Hebron Monday after protestors nearby threw rocks at an Israeli patrol in the area while marking the death of Yasser Arafat nine years ago. (Maan)
- Israel detains 2 children at Nablus checkpoint - Yaqout Mohammad Jawhar, 13, and Alaa Mustafa Hanini, 12, were detained during clashes at the checkpoint in Nablus Monday. (Maan)
- Massive 'Question of Palestine' mural unveiled in Nablus - 25 Palestinian artists had been working on giant mural measuring about 1,000 square meters for over a month. It was unveiled in Nablus Monday. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.