1) Last Tuesday the cast of Broadway’s Aladdin, led by Tony Award winning Genie James Monroe Iglehart, led the crowd in a tribute to Robin Williams, whom he called “one of the greatest entertainers of all time.” Williams, who immortalized the role of the Genie in the 1992 animated film, was honored by an a cappella, sing-along rendition of “Friend like me"
2) For over three years, citizens of Kafranbel, Syria have been making attention-grabbing English language posters in attempt to attract outside attention to the internal Syrian conflict. In the wake of Williams’s death, they shared this Aladdin quote as both a tribute and a testament to their own endless fight for freedom.
3) During his stint at SNL, Jimmy Fallon was famous for breaking character and bursting into laughter. On Tuesday’s episode of The Tonight Show, the comedian broke in the other direction, tearing up during a Robin Williams tribute. Fallon shared a few heartfelt remarks, did a Williams impression, played an old Tonight Show appearance, and wrapped it all up with an earnest “O Captain! My captain!”
4) Dante Basco, better known as Rufio, had the privilege of starring alongside Williams in 1991’s cult classic Hook. Two decades later Basco penned this heartfelt tribute in honor of his mentor, hero, and friend.
5) In the midst of taping Monday night’s episode of Conan, O’Brien heard the shocking news of Robin Williams’s death. What ensued was an unscripted reaction to the tragedy during which O’Brien and guest Will Arnett praised Williams and sent prayers and sympathies to his friends and family.
6) While Obama is guaranteed to make statements following the passing of world leaders like Nelson Mandela and Margaret Thatcher, he usually reserves personal remarks for a select few entertainers. Robin Williams’s death was one of the handful that elicited a presidential message of condolence, which celebrated Williams as a “one of a kind” talent.
7) World of Warcraft is honoring Williams in its own unique fashion, announcing plans to immortalize the beloved actor and avid gamer in its massive multiplayer online game. Williams has always been an outspoken advocate of video games, and even named his daughter Zelda Williams after Legend of Zelda’s iconic female princess.
8) A piece of dialogue taken from 1996’s very silly Jack becomes a postmortem sound bite sure to trigger goosebumps when played over a backdrop of clips from some of Williams’s most seminal films.
9) “We miss Robin, but we’re also very lucky to have had him at all. So thank you to Robin Williams,” said Seth Meyers. Is there really anything else to say?
10) The San Francisco Giants honored fan Robin Williams before Tuesday night’s game with a video tribute from Mrs. Doubtfire, which took place in San Francisco, followed by a stadium-wide moment of silence.
11) Despite coming under fire, The Academy’s simple Twitter tribute to Robin Williams is undeniably poignant and heartfelt.
12) In a super absurd segment befitting one of the kings of offbeat humor, Atlanta sportscaster Zach Klein paid tribute to Williams on Monday by blending the titles of 22 Robin Williams movies into his nightly sports coverage.
13) And lastly, a message from Williams’ daughter, Zelda.