The Diocese of San Bernardino, California, released a list of 34 priests who have faced credible accusations of child sex abuse over the last 40 years. The diocese released the list, which includes six priests who have been convicted of criminal charges, in response to a lawsuit last week that demanded all California dioceses release the names of accused clergy members. Of the 34 priests, 29 were already in the public domain. All but one of the clergy members were removed from priesthood, a diocese statement said. The remaining priest left the diocese in 1993, and his whereabouts are unknown, the list says. “Apologies at this point can seem hollow, and I acknowledge that, because I can’t imagine how painful this has been in the lives of many victims and their families. Still, I do want to state my sincere apology for our offenses and failures,” Bishop Gerald Barnes said in a video message on Monday.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW