"The manner in which the army rids itself of responsibility in this case… again illustrates the need for an investigatory body outside of the army."--Attorney Yael Stein of B'tselem human rights organization on the closure of the probe into the killing by the IDF of 21 members of the Samouni family in Gaza in 2008's Operation Cast Lead.
- Witnesses: Journalists trapped under Israeli fire in south Gaza (Maan)
- 'Government backs tycoons' - Thousands take part in May Day march in Tel-Aviv (Ynet)
- Gilad Shalit to lead Cycling for Peace outing (Ynet)
- Israel plans 9 hotels in E. Jerusalem settlement - Say plans aim to undermine tourism in Bethlehem. (Maan)
- Settlers 'raise Israeli flag on Hebron mosque' (Cave of the Patriarchs) - The first incident of its kind since (Israel conquered the city in) 1967, a local official said. (Maan)
- Tzipi Livni announces her resignation (and blasted the government), Yair Lapid presents his first campaign plan: military service for all ultra-Orthodox Jews—beginning in five years. (YNet)
For the full News from Israel.