"I'm not an economist, but if you cut from ministry budgets and raise taxes - then why for G-d's sake does more and more money go to the ultra-Orthodox and construction in the Territories."--What Shahar Rachamim wrote on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's Facebook following the latest painful financial edicts.
- EU slams Israel’s 'human rights violations' - European Union urges Jewish state to 'protect rights of Arab-Palestinian minority,' but also indicates it will boost joint economic activities. (Ynet)
- Romney bars media from top-dollar Jerusalem fundraiser - Republican nominee violates pre-established agreement by excluding press from $50,000 per plate fundraiser; Romney later announced that reporters would be allowed in. (Haaretz)
- Israel's Bedouin are opting for West Bank universities - Knesset Research and Information Center says most Bedouins mainly opt for Muslim studies and education. (Haaretz)
- More Germans leave their estate to Israel - 2012 sees peak in number of aging Germans, who driven by guilty conscience, leave their money to State of Israel. (Yedioth and Ynet)
- Court to hear suit by woman who says JNF isn't paying her enough rent - Sherwood claims that the Jewish National Fund has not fulfilled its part of the contract they signed years ago. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.