"Who cares who who lost and who won? We played for fun."--A Palestinian man from Luban village after losing in a soccer match this week to settlers at neighboring Beit Aryeh settlement.
- Israeli students and MKs clash over controversial Nakba Day ceremony in TA University (Haaretz)
- (Right-wing Jerusalem Day) ‘Flag procession’ set to march through East Jerusalem, Muslim Quarter—Procession organizers promise to employ ushers to keep the peace, as last year’s procession resulted in racist slogans being shouted in Arab neighborhoods. (Haaretz)
- Israel lets Gaza export clothes after long break—Egyptian-Israeli embargo on Gaza Strip export lifted as shipment of Palestinian clothing let out of Gaza en route to Britain. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Minister Landau okays Golan Heights oil exploration—Despite current upheaval in Syria, overall instability on northern border, Energy and Water Ministry greenlights oil exploration in area. (Yedioth and Ynet)(Former Mossad chief) Dagan calls for change in governance system (Ynet)
- Turks suspect: Bird spied for Israel—According to Turkish media, the bee-eater found dead in south of country had legband with word 'Israel' and a large nostril, which was suspected of carrying spy equipment. Israel's Society for the Protection of Nature said it was not the first time a Muslim country thought a bird it banded was a spy. (Yedioth, p. 26)
For the full News from Israel.