Quote of the day:"I never imagined that they (Jews) would like me to the degree that they did."--Arab-Israeli Nisreen Kader, 25, on winning a popular Israeli music TV show competition.
- Report: Egypt arrests Israeli citizen suspected of spying - According to 'Al-Jarida' newspaper , Head of Egyptian security said two US and Israeli spy cells caught with 4 US citizens, 1 Israeli, 1 Moroccan, and 1 Norwegian. (Israel Hayom, p. 3)
- Jihad leader launches hunger strike in Israeli jail - Jafar Ez Al-Din Qadan, 40, was seized by Israeli forces from Arraba village and immediately began a hunger strike against his administrative detention. (Maan)
- Likud ministers Meridor and Begin: Change the High Court bypass law - They demand that 70 or more MKs be needed to vote in favor of re-proposing a bill that the High Court struck down. (Maariv, p. 14)
- Arab singer captures Israeli hearts - Nisreen Kader wins first place on popular television show hosted by Israeli singer Eyal Golan. Unlikely star manages to mesmerize Jews, Arabs through 'Mizrahi' songs. (Agencies, Ynet)
- War film, Lebanon version - Lebanese are filming their version of Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon and a convoy of military vehicles with Israeli flags passed close to the border near Metulla, raising the interest of tourists. (Yedioth, p. 8)
- "At night we hear the shots and the screams" - Almost nightly IDF soldiers on the Egypt border see Sudanese refugees trying to cross into Israel - and Egyptian police catching them, breaking their bones and shooting them. (Yedioth, p. 6)
Here is the full News from Israel.