President-elect Donald Trump announced late Monday that “no new deals will be done” by his company during his presidential term—or terms. Trump postponed a previously scheduled Dec. 15 press conference, during which he said he would be outlining the next steps for his business empire. The government’s official ethics office has said the only legitimate way for Trump to avoid a true conflict of interest is to divest his stake from the Trump Organization altogether. In a series of late-night tweets, Trump said he will leave his businesses before the inauguration and that his sons, Eric and Donald Jr., will run them in his stead. A press conference on the issue will be held “in the near future,” he said.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW