"...Maybe the 'shrapnel in the buttocks' is actually the party of the brother Bennett, Habayit Hayehudi: so small, but so painful."--Yedioth commentator Nahum Barnea quotes the phrase that Habayit Hayehudi leader Naftali Bennett used to describe the Palestinians - to describe the reason Israel is not negotiating with the Palestinians.
- Israel seizes Bedouin man's toilet in West Bank after deeming it illegal - The portable bathroom, which was installed for the use of a handicapped man, violated an order against illegal construction by settlers, the Civil Administration said. (Haaretz+)
- PA: Israel to confiscate more West Bank land near Nablus - Israel's Civil Administration has sent letters to a number of in the Awarta and Rujeib villages informing them of decisions to confiscate their land for military use. The villages are near the Israeli settlement of Itamar. (Maan)
- Israel blocks East Jerusalem children's festival, citing link to Palestinian Authority - Public security minister says such an event by the PA in Jerusalem contradicts stipulations of the Oslo Accords. (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu losing control - Prime Minister removed his candidacy from the presidency of the Likud Convention, paving the way for the win of [extreme right-winger - OH] MK Danny Danon. The decision is the result of the fear that Netanyahu would lose the election to the position that is of the right-wing symbols of the party. (Yedioth, p. 10)
- Israel's security budget may have shrunk, but arms exports will inject it with NIS 6 billion - Unlike other ministries, the Defense Ministry gets to keep for itself revenues from the sale of state assets, from weapons systems and other equipment to land and broadcast frequencies, including joint projects with foreign countries. (Haaretz+)
- Welfare Minister: Israelis volunteer less than Iranians - The central index for volunteering, the CAF, puts Israel in the 57th place world wide, well after Iran, Welfare Minister Meir Cohen said during a ceremony honoring welfare service's volunteers. (Ynet)
- Israeli Foreign Ministry employees (on strike) halt virtually all consular services - Visit by Hungarian human resources minister has to be postponed; but adoption, surrogacy procedures continuing normally. (Haaretz+)
- Islamic Jihad severs ties with Hamas after death of member - The Islamic Jihad movement in Gaza announced Sunday that it was temporarily suspending ties with Hamas, accusing Gaza authorities of being responsible for the death of one of the group's members in a shootout with police. (Maan)
- Syrian civilian treated in Israel dies of wounds - Four other Syrians wounded in civil war still being treated in Safed hospital, after being evacuated by Israeli military. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.