5. Christina Aguilera Does Her Best BritneyIt’s no surprise that Christina Aguilera can do killer impressions of Cher and Shakira, as they all have similar throaty singing styles. But when Aguilera played “Wheel of Musical Impressions” with Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon, she pulled out a great take on her one-time co-star/competition for title of Pop Princess Britney Spears.
4. Sesame Street’s ‘House of Cards’ Take It’s fair to describe House of Cards star Kevin Spacey as a bit of a ham at times. Sesame Street’s latest pop-culture spoof, “House of Bricks,” turns his Frank Underwood character into more of a Big Bad Wolf, who blows down the Three Little Pigs’ houses and the fourth wall.“Some people say there’s too much pork in this town,” the Wolf says to the camera. “I could not agree more.”
3. ‘Uptown Funk’ Cover Gets Down With Its Bad Self Singer Alex Boye covers Bruno Mars’ infectious ode to old-school soul “Uptown Funk,” casting senior citizens in the video. It’s not easy to look this funky on a rascal scooter. Don’t believe me? Just watch.
2. Police Dash-cam Captures House Exploding YouTube has taught us one thing: dashboard cameras get some incredible footage sometimes. Take the police car dash-cam in Stafford Township, N.J., that recorded footage of a house being destroyed due to a gas explosion. Fortunately, no one was killed at the site, but unfortunately, 15 people were injured.
1. Led Xylophone Led Zeppelin’s classic double album Physical Graffiti turned 40 this week. To celebrate, here’s a rendition of its signature track—the epic “Kashmir”—as performed by kids with xylophones. The Louisville Leopard Percussionists first posted their cover back in November but it caught on this week when guitar god Jimmy Page shared it on his Facebook page.