"...During the teenage years we are influenced by our peer groups, and if these groups are racist, then chances are you will also follow this path. This is why it is crucial that our education system address these issues."--Yuval Regev, 18, chairman of the student council at Modi'in's Maccabim Reut High School, speaking to a group of Arab and Jewish Israeli students who met after the price-tag attack in the Arab-Israeli town of Abu-Gosh.
- Settlers torch olive trees near Nablus - Settlers from Yizhar raided the Palestinians fields of the Einabus village and set fire to a vast area of olive fields, completely destroying 200 trees. (Maan)
- Fatah: Israel detains Huwwara mayor - Israeli soldiers raided the Nablus village and detained Mayor Nasser Jihad Mufdi, 45, after searching his home. [The village is often the target of settler attacks - OH]. In Aida camp in Bethlehem, soldiers detained photographer Mohammad Walid al-Azzeh, 23, who was shot by soldiers in the face in April and is awaiting a third surgery. (Maan+ PHOTO)
- US condemns expansion of Har Homa (Jewish settlement neighborhood over Green Line) - The plan being advanced by the Housing Ministry and Jerusalem Municipality for the construction of 930 housing units - specifically during US Secretary of State John Kery's visit - brought sharp criticism from the US and Europe. (Maariv, p. 5, NRG Hebrew)
- IDF officer sentenced over shooting of Palestinian gets state immunity for civil damages - IDF agrees to pay if suit against officer who commandeered a taxi in the West Bank, tied up the driver and then heedlessly shot a Palestinian, succeeds. (Haaretz+)
- Hawkish Likud members win top seats in party election - Results could mark Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's weakening position within his own party. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Armed and uniformed: Hezbollah watching IDF movements - Northern command practice direct conflict with Hezbollah in bid to keep troops on toes, in wake of what commanders call Hezbollah's 'compulsive' documentation of IDF movements. (Ynet)
- EU slams Gaza over executions - The EU mission in Jerusalem and Ramallah on Sunday condemned the recent execution of two Palestinians in Gaza by Hamas authorities. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.