"In the end, they will still be sitting in Washington and because of them, the Israelis will be going down to the shelters."--Maariv political commentator Shalom Yerushalmi on AIPAC's 'help' in getting the U.S. Congress to support a U.S. attack on Syria.
- Document confirms World Zionist Organization allocates land to settlers in Jordan valley - Government coordinator in the territories confirms: Settlers farming over a thousand acres of lands belonging to absentee owners in Jordan Valley. (Haaretz+)
- Not worried about being evacuated: Sharp jump in housing prices in Samaria (northern W. Bank) - Itamar, Alon Moreh and Har Bracha are considered settlements that it is doubtful will remain in Israel's hands in framework of a future peace agreement, but that does not bother many families from grabbing any available house. (Maariv, p. 6/NRG Hebrew)
- Israeli forces issue 4 demolition orders in Jerusalem - Israeli municipality staff and police issued four demolition orders for commercial properties in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan on Sunday. (Maan)
- Israeli forces clash with Al-Quds university students - Israeli forces stopped and searched several students at the main gate of the university in Abu Dis, inspecting identity cards and detaining several students for over an hour. Clashes broke out after university staff prevented Israeli forces from entering the campus. (Maan)
- Israel refuses to let Polish aid worker back into country - Attorney to appeal to Supreme Court after district court rejects motion for release by Kamil Kandil, a Pole of Palestinian descent, who is in detention at Ben-Gurion Airport. (Haaretz+)
- Proposal: Equip all police officers with mini video cameras to wear during arrests - According to Meretz chairwoman Zahava Gal-On, who has sought the public security minister’s cooperation, the bill would protect both protesters’ and police officers’ rights by reducing violence and false complaints. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli forces raid Nablus village - Around 15 army jeeps entered several neighborhoods in Beta village, south of Nablus, Sunday and fired tear gas and stun grenades. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.