"Your announcement that you will be hosting Avigdor Lieberman in London does nothing to allay our concerns."--Signatories of a petition, including members of Habonim Dror Zionist youth movement and the pro-Israel peace group Yachad, express their concern at JNF's activities in E. Jerusalem and the Negev.
- IDF probing 15 cases of soldiers ignoring settler attacks on Palestinians—From the start of the second intifada in September 2000 through December 2011, the human rights group B'Tselem filed 57 complaints over soldiers who allegedly did not stop violence such attacks. (Haaretz)
- Lieberman's invitation from Jewish National Fund splits U.K. Jews—Israel's Foreign Minister slammed by Zionist-leftist youth movement for 'involvement in activities which jeopardize' peace; Lieberman's office: 'No need to respond to marginal elements of the delusional left.' (Haaretz)
- South Africa will not evade rebuke, Foreign Ministry vows—South African envoy cuts contact with Israeli officials. Iranian minister reportedly paid secret visit to Cape Town last week. (Israel Hayom)
- Train African migrants—then deport them, farmers suggest (Israel Hayom)
- Shas MK causes storm: "I'll propose a bill to prohibit premarital sex"—MK Nissim Zeev said, "The lack of responsibility of youth in Israel, who have premarital sex, get pregnant, then have abortions, has become a serious problem." (Israel Hayom, p. 5)
- Ultra-Orthodox, Arabs refuse to join equal draft law committee—The new law will replace the interim Tal Law, which grants draft deferrals to the ultra-Orthodox. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.