“When there is no boundary between the permissible and the forbidden, you race ahead. And if I had not stopped where I did, I would easily have reached the same place (Jack) Abramoff [former lobbyist convicted of corruption] did. I think that in the very near future, people will be put into prison for [the kind of] things I did."--Eldad Yaniv, a power attorney and former publicist whose clients included Ariel Sharon and Ehud Barak, tells all in a fascinating interview.
- In the end, no ministers attended the emergency conference held at Beit El yesterday organized by the 'National Headquarters in Likud' and the forum of Jewish leadership in Judea and Samaria. Limor Livnat, Moshe (Bugi) Yaalon and Yisrael Katz did not show up after Netanyahu told them to lower their profile in the media on the subject. (Yedioth)
- Is the cancellation of the Egyptian gas deal a political decision? Israelis would like to think it is not, but the articles on the subject are all in the political sections of the Hebrew daily websites. (Ynet)
- Ammunition Hill memorial site vandalized - Unidentified assailants spray hate slogans praising German poet Guenter Grass, burn Israeli flag. (Ynet)
- Islamic Jihad book: Eilat 'life or death' for Israel - Terror organization published book claiming Palestinians have underestimated southern-most city's strategic value to Israel. (Ynet)
- UN condemns demolition of Bedouin homes in Israel - UN agencies denounce Israeli authorities' eviction of 21 homes in north, east Jerusalem making 54 people including 35 children homeless. (Agencies, Ynet)
Here is the full News from Israel.