An official at the Dover Air Force mortuary says he pushed to have the remains of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks buried at sea, but that he was overruled by military officials who insisted they be mixed with medical waste and handed off to a contractor. The contractor then incinerated the remains and dumped them in a landfill. “We fought the fight, but I had zero clout back then,” he said. “The decision was made at a higher level.” The official previously exposed other problems at the mortuary, including missing body parts. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has ordered Pentagon officials to investigate the matter.