U.K. May Charge 11 for Hacking

    Image #: 14741183    epa02818525 Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International (R) walks into a hotel with Rupert Murdoch (L) Chairman of News Corporation in London, Britain on 10 July 2011. The final edition of the 168 year old British Sunday newspaper, the News of The World went on sale on 10 July 2011 after James Murdoch announced it's closure following further revelations over phone hacking.  EPA/FACUNDO ARRIZABALAGA /LANDOV

    Facundo Arrizabalaga, EPA / Landov

    British prosecutors said Wednesday that they are considering criminal charges against 11 people in the phone-hacking scandal that shook News Corp.’s U.K. newspaper News of the World last year. Police have recommended 11 names to the Crown Prosecution Service, including four journalists, a police officer, and six other people. The CPS said it will not name the individuals, and it remains unclear how closely related the charges will be to the phone-hacking scandal.

    Read it at Wall Street Journal