Egypt Kills 9 Militants in Sinai
4.5 million--The number of shekels which the right-wing Elad organization has sued left-wing organizations, including Peace Now, in libel suits. Peace Now Secretary General Yariv Oppenheimer calls it 'legal terrorism.'
- CIA document from 1983 indicates Israel built chemical weapons stockpile - Intel circles in Washington believe Israel amassed a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons decades ago, Foreign Policy reported Monday on its website. (JTA, Haaretz)
- Israeli army closes probe into death of Palestinian protestor - Military advocate general cites lack of evidence in 2009 death of Bassem Abu Rahmeh, whose story was documented in the Oscar-nominated film Five Broken Cameras. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel pays Zygier's family NIS 4 million to keep quiet - Agreement does not include an admission of responsibility for the death of Mossad agent, who committed suicide in prison. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- Israeli rightists enter Aqsa compound under guard - Some 150 Jewish extremists entered the mosque compound via the Mughrabi gate. The rightists formed groups and performed religious rituals, including songs. Witnesses said that 80 members of Israeli intelligence entered the mosque compound. (Maan)
- PA ministry condemns Al-Aqsa violations - The ministry strongly denounced the entry of dozens of Israeli rightists to the mosque compound on Tuesday under heavy armed guard and urged the Arab League and UN to hold an emergency session. (Maan)
- PA 'structural deficiency' behind finance crisis - As Palestinian Authority’s officials complain about an imminent serious financial crisis, donor countries have responded positively delivering millions of dollars to the PA in the past few days. (Maan)
- Egypt continues fighting terrorism: 9 militants killed in Sinai - Joint military operation in Sinai carries on, as 9 militants were killed, 10 arrested Monday. Forces seize items, weapons belonging to extreme Palestinian organizations. Meanwhile, Defense Minister al-Sisi may announce his candidacy for president. (Ynet)
- Iran's Rohani says 'win-win' nuclear deal possible - Time to reach such a deal is limited, says Iranian president. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.