Talent agency Endeavor Content is reportedly pulling out of a $400 million investment deal with Saudi Arabia over the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi, joining a number of prominent organizations in shunning the nation for its alleged role in the journalist’s suspected death. The Hollywood Reporter notes Monday that Endeavor is preparing the paperwork to withdraw from the deal, in which the Saudi government’s sovereign wealth fund would have purchased 5 to 10 percent of the company. CEO Ari Emanuel said earlier Monday that he was still “monitoring” the situation, arguing that although he hadn’t committed to any action, he was “personally...really concerned.” The Hollywood Reporter notes that many of WME’s clients were reportedly pressuring Emanuel to cut ties, although another source said that the company would have “gone this path regardless.” As The Daily Beast previously reported, media companies including The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and CNN all made a statement on Khashoggi’s disappearance by withdrawing from Saudi Arabia’s Future Investment Initiative. The Hollywood Reporter notes that other companies with a significant relationship to the Saudi government—including AMC, Imax, and the WWE—have not yet taken a stance.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW