Donald Trump said he isn’t considering withholding U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia, despite accusations that journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed—reportedly on orders from the kingdom—inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Turkish officials say The Washington Post contributor, a frequent critic of Saudi policies, was killed by intel agents sent by the Saudis last week, but they haven’t provided direct evidence. Trump said he has a call arranged with Khashoggi’s fiancée, who has appealed to the president for help. But Trump indicated he will not be blocking arms sales to the kingdom, eliminating a possible punitive measure. The president told Fox News on Wednesday night: “I think that would be hurting us. We have jobs, we have a lot of things happening in this country.” He went on: “I think that that would be a very, very tough pill to swallow for our country. I mean, you’re affecting us and, you know, they’re always quick to jump that way.” Meanwhile, NBC News reports Khashoggi stopped responding to his WhatsApp messages minutes after he entered the consulate last week.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED