When would you serve this drink? “After dinner.”
What music would you pair it with? “Jazz.”
What food would you pair it with? “Dark chocolate.”
Name the person (dead or alive) you’d like to make this cocktail for. “My dad.”
By Christian Delpech
- 1.5 oz Maestro Dobel® Diamante® Tequila
- .75 oz Italian bitter
- .50 oz Quinine-flavored aperitif
- .50 oz Crème de cacao
- 3 dashes Chocolate bitters
- 2 drops Saline solution (20 grams of salt and 80 ml of water)
- Garnish: Grapefruit peel and maraschino cherry
- Glass: Coupe
Add all of the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir, and strain into a coupe. Then squeeze a piece of grapefruit peel over the top and discard. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Thank you Maestro Dobel® Tequila for collaborating with Half Full on the Bartenders At Home cocktail video series.
Interview has been condensed and edited.
Maestro Dobel® Tequila. 40% Alc./Vol. (80 proof). Trademarks owned by Maestro Tequilero, S.A. de C.V. ©2020 Proximo, Jersey City, NJ. Please enjoy responsibly.