Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson commented on last month’s fatal shooting of 18-year-old Paul O’Neal on Saturday, saying he suspected officers had violated policy in the tragic incident. Johnson also said he’d relieved some officers of duty over the shooting, but it was not clear which officers he was referring to. On Friday, authorities released nine videos of the moments leading up to the tragic shooting, when O’Neal was shot in the back by officers. Police tried to pull O’Neal over after the car he was in was reported stolen, and in the ensuing melee O’Neal struck two police vehicles before fleeing on foot. He was shot while running away and later found to not have a weapon. The incident has already sparked calls for major protests and revived tensions with police, who apparently released the videos in an attempt to appease the public. After watching those videos, Johnson said, he’d come to the conclusion that the officers involved may have violated departmental policies in the incident. The nine videos released showed a scene of chaos and confusion, with officers at one point firing at each other, a fact which may have cost O’Neal his life. The policeman who fatally shot O’Neal was also reportedly caught on tape saying he wasn’t sure whether O’Neal had a weapon.