WHY?

Colorado Student Immolates Himself

Early Monday morning, a student walked into his high school cafeteria in Colorado and lit himself on fire, surviving but suffering burns on 80 percent of his body. A female food worker was slightly injured when she broke the fire extinguisher glass, and a male custodian doused the fire. Between 60 and 70 students were in the cafeteria at the time. The Westminster high school was evacuated after the incident and will be closed until Tuesday, though it is unclear when classes will resume.