TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
Read it at CBS News
A judge who refused earlier this month to dismiss the sexual-assault case against Bill Cosby on Tuesday rejected a second effort to throw out the charges. Cosby’s lawyers insist the 78-year-old comedian had a deal with a former district attorney that he would never be charged over a 2004 encounter with a Temple University employee who accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting her. However, Montgomery County Judge Steven O’Neill said, “an immediate appeal from these orders would not materially advance the ultimate termination of the matter.” The ruling means Cosby’s case will head to a preliminary hearing on March 8. A spokesman for Cosby’s lawyers said it was unclear whether or not they would appeal to the state superior court.