A deadly, rodent-borne virus is wreaking havoc in Yosemite National Park, spread by burrowing deer mice who had made their way into a popular camping area, public health officials said on Thursday. Six have reportedly been infected, with two killed, by the hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Meanwhile, park officials have shut down the Curry Village campsite's 91 insulated tents, and notified 2,900 visitors who rented the tents that they may have been exposed. The virus has no cure, inhibits breathing, and has a fatality rate of 38 percent.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED