"The failure of the two-state solution."--The reason that the Arab party list Ra'am-Ta'al changed its platform this week from supporting a two-state solution to supporting a binational state.
- Attorney-general may block adoption of controversial Levy report - PM's plan to adopt Levy report on legal status of settlements in Judea and Samaria (W. Bank) — and to legalize outposts and facilitate construction — runs into opposition from Attorney-General. (Israel Hayom)
- Chomsky makes first Gaza visit - Jewish-American linguist calls for end to Gaza blockade during first ever visit to Strip. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Jimmy Carter to visit Israel, Egypt - A group of past heads of state that advocates for peace called The Elders announced the visit Thursday. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- IDF generals butt heads over Canadian-Israeli 'deserter' - With soldiers watching, Chief military prosecutor Efroni tells army's Personnel Directorate head Barbivai her decision to release 'draft-dodger' month and a half before the end of her sentence sends 'wrong message.' (Ynet)
- The obstacle of King David's Garden - Israel is blaming the Palestinians for preventing the formulation of a solution to the sewage of the Kidron Valley, and as a result it is impossible to advance plans for Jews and Arabs in the King's Garden (Silwan neighborhood of E. Jerusalem). (Yedioth Jerusalem supplement, p. 14)
- Israeli Bedouin stage mass protest in wake of home demolition orders - Residents in recognized village of Bir Hadaj received demolition orders last week, accuse state of trampling on their rights as citizens. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.