"Human rights organizations have an important role and it's true that view is not held by the consensus, but in many other countries it is."--Prof. Yuval Shany, board member of B'tselem and newly appointed dean of the Faculty of Law at the Hebrew University.
- Knesset session that wasn't meant to be finally ends - Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin declares the legislature would soon dissolve itself and prepare for general elections. (Haaretz)
- BBC 'upgrades' Israel's profile page - British Broadcasting Corporation heeds uproar caused by its choice of aggressive pictures on Israel's profile page; changes it to one of architecture. (Ynet)
- Exposed: Haredim registered in yeshivas, working on the sly - Channel 10 investigative report shows how haredi military service deferrals, exemptions are expoloited for profit at State's expense. (Ynet)
- Gaza Christians fear the end of their tiny community - Fears exploded publicly when two members of the flock recently converted to Islam, prompting them to stage a rare public protest accusing Muslims of pulling followers from their faith. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Jordan takes precautions in case chemical weapons are used in Syria - The Syrian government acknowledged on Monday that the country had chemical weapons. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Barak: Nuclear Iran more dangerous than strike - Defense minister says that while strike on Iran's atom facilities has its complexities, dealing with a nuclear Islamic Republic could be substantially more dangerous; sanctions, diplomacy not enough, he says. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.