#METOO

Harvey Weinstein Pleads Not Guilty to Latest Sex-Crime Charges

Harvey Weinstein pleaded not guilty to additional sexual-assault charges in a New York court on Monday, according to Reuters. The disgraced movie producer, who was indicted last month and stands accused of sexually assaulting three women, was released on $1 million bail. Over 70 women have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct since the start of the #MeToo movement, which uncovered widespread abuse and harassment by powerful men across several industries. The 66-year-old has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex. Weinstein faces life in prison if found guilty of his charges, which include two counts of “predatory sexual assault.” Weinsten still wants to make movies, his attorney Benjamin Brafman said. “He is Harvey Weinstein and despite what you may find to be his flaws, he is a brilliant maker of movie,” Brafman said after the hearing. “He is reviewing scripts and trying to pursue additional projects in the future.”