A traveler’s worst nightmare came true on Saturday when fire engulfed a coach of a train in southern India, killing at least 26 passengers. The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. as passengers broke windows to escape but many died after becoming trapped and suffocating as doors failed to open. India’s Railways Minister said preliminary reports indicate that the fire was started by an electrical short circuit. The train, which was traveling from Bangalore to Nanded, was about a mile from the small town of Puttaparthi when the fire broke out.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW