TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
Read it at BBC News
The new Libyan government said Friday that they plan to release all files related to the Lockerbie bombing, but said it will be at least a year before they can do so. Bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the only person ever convicted for the crime, died earlier this year after a highly controversial release from prison, but Scottish authorities hope to pursue other suspects now that Muammar Gaddafi is dead. Libya’s ambassador to the U.K. said that the files would be released once the new government has established security and stability, which will take at least a year. Today marks the 24th anniversary of the terrorist attack on Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which killed 270 people.