Members Project® from American Express, in partnership with TakePart, makes it quick and easy to keep others updated on your efforts to make a difference—and to inspire them to join in, too.
When you feel passionate about something, you want to share that enthusiasm with everyone around you. It’s easy to find charities that you care about with Members Project® from American Express, in partnership with TakePart, and it’s even easier to spread the word about those charities and your involvement.
Find the charities that speak to you on Members Project. Once a week, anyone can cast a vote for the charity that they think deserves to win within each of the five cause categories—Arts & Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment & Wildlife and Health & Wellness. Every quarter, the winner in each these categories gets funding from American Express. Anyone can also easily donate money to favorite charities through the charities’ TakePart profile pages, and everyone can find local volunteer opportunities as well through a quick zip-code search.
Get involved in any way you can—every mouse click can make a huge difference for these charities and the communities they serve. The more people voting, volunteering and donating, the easier it is for these charities to make a difference in the world. Luckily, Members Project makes it effortless to spread the word about your involvement and engage friends and family as well. Here are some simple ways anyone can share their passion for the charities they choose to support:
1. Make a banner. With three size options and text that is customized to your charity of choice, it’s easy to create a simple and sleek banner on the Members Project Website’s Spread the Word page. The banner can be placed on a Facebook page, blog or website. Just choose your charity and the size of the banner you want to use, then copy the HTML code and paste it onto your site.
2. Send an email. Also on the Spread The Word page, anyone can choose specific charities from the drop-down menu, and a pre-written message that describes the charities and encourages the email recipients to get involved through an easy link will be automatically generated. You can personalize the message if you like. With one click of the “Send” button, you’ve shared a shout-out about your favorite charities with as many people as you wish!
3. Download a post card. There is still something special about real mail, and there are five gorgeous post cards available for download on the Spread the Word page. Each one illuminates one way in which a small step can help change the world, so print them out and write a note about what you’re doing to make a difference, and how your friends and family can join in.
4. Tweet a call to action. Through the Twitter icon at the bottom of the Members Project home page, anyone can instantly tweet the message, “One volunteer hour, mouse click, or dollar—it all can make a difference with Members Project. Join now!” Or click on the “Share” button on the Members Project home page to tweet “Everyone can make a difference on Members Project. I did with one small step.” Anyone can personalize the message, too.
5. Tweet for your cause of choice. There are “Tweet This” boxes on the Volunteer page of the Members Project site that give interesting stats and factoids related to each cause category. With just one click, you can share this information with all of your followers. For example, one Arts & Culture tweet says, “93 percent of Americans believe that the arts are vital to providing a well-rounded education,” and one Community Development tweet says, “4 million food rations have been delivered by the WFP to 1/2 a million people since the earthquake struck Haiti.” Each tweet includes a link back to the Members Project.
6. Talk it up, face to face. Tell friends, family and co-workers about your favorite charities, ask them to vote, donate or volunteer along with you. Throw a dinner party and share your involvement, collecting donations in lieu of the usual host-gift bottles of wine or flowers. When you present your passion for these charities enthusiastically and honestly, you’ll inspire friends and family to get involved.
Lead more individuals to take their first step toward creating a change in the world with any or every one of these spread-the-word options. Remember, each step can have a huge impact.