Quote of the day:
'Regards from Eden, Revenge!'
--Graffiti spray-painted on wall of Palestinian home in Sinjil village in West Bank that was set on fire while children were sleeping inside.
- Suspected 'price tag' attack: Assailants set (Palestinian) West Bank house on fire, spray 'Regards from Eden, Revenge!' on wall - Five Palestinians suffer from smoke inhalation; Israeli military: Incident undermines regional stability; attack believed to seek revenge for murder of Israeli soldier by Palestinian teen. (Haaretz+ and Maan)
- Some 30 thousand Palestinians sneak in to Israel every month to work illegally - So far 60% of the construction of the separation fence has been completed. Security establishment fears: holes in the fence along with the removal of checkpoints in the West Bank may facilitate the infiltration of terrorists into Israel. (NRG Hebrew)
- Antiquities battle pits Old City merchants against inspectors - The stock of legal antiquities in Israel has not been depleted, despite 35 years of brisk sales; the Israel Antiquities Authority thinks it knows why. (Haaretz+)
- How the Israeli army is raising the next generation of cyber geeks - But Israel’s military is bullish on a special after-school program for smart high school kids - from the country’s outskirts as well. (Haaretz+)
- NGO: Hamas torturing political prisoners - Hamas launches arrest campaign aimed at members of Fatah, other political entities; says arrests have been bolstered to try to pro-actively quell onslaught of protests coinciding with anniversary of Yasser Arafat's death. (Agencies, Ynet)
- CIA declassifies Camp David Accords intelligence - American intelligence warned that Israeli premier Begin's failing health could complicate negotiations, files reveal. (Agencies, Haaretz)For the full News from Israel.