North Korea’s foreign ministry on Sunday condemned the United Nations Security Council’s latest sanctions against the country, vowing to continue Pyongyang’s nuclear program despite the “hostile act” by Western nations. The sanctions resolution—the first of its kind adopted by both Beijing and Washington under U.S. President Trump—“is a crafty hostile act with the purpose of putting a curb on the DPRK's buildup of nuclear forces, disarming it and causing economic suffocation to it,” the foreign ministry said in a statement. “Whatever sanctions and pressure may follow, we will not flinch from the road to build up nuclear forces which was chosen to defend the sovereignty of the country and the rights to national existence and will move forward towards the final victory,” the statement said. U.S. officials have repeatedly hinted at possible military action if Pyongyang refuses to halt its nuclear program, but North Korea has defiantly continued its plans with a spate of recent missile tests. The country has routinely rejected UN sanctions since they were first imposed in 2006, though fears have increased of the country developing an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting the U.S. in recent weeks. In a test launch last month, the country claimed to have successfully tested a missile ready to carry a nuclear warhead.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW