Quote of the day:
Mohammed and Michal to be wed at the Shahid wedding hall in Ramallah.
--Radical right-wing activities reach new level in Jerusalem as they try to discourage romantic relations between Jews and Arabs.
- Israeli Arab undergoes 'humiliating' security check at airport - East Jerusalem businessman Hani Almi's trip to Paris this month turns to theater of humiliations as security personnel force him to board without 'suspicious' shoes, wallet, attaching agent to him in terminal halls. (Ynet)
- Israeli court once again puts off ruling on discriminatory airport security checks - Petition by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, first filed in 2007, maintains that current checks are discriminatory and humiliate Arab citizens. (Haaretz+)
- Border Police destroyed your car? You pay - Suheir Hasima, whose car was damaged by the Border Police, was shocked to discover that when she went to the police to make a complaint for the purpose of receiving compensation, the case was closed due to lack of public interest. (Yedioth Jerusalem supplement, p. 54)
- Gaza food industry struggles from lack of electricity, fuel - The food industry is struggling in Gaza due to the ongoing Israeli economic blockade and intermittent access to electricity. (Maan)
- Over 100,000 Palestinians work in Israel - Over 100,000 Palestinians work in Israel with around 20,000 working exclusively in Israeli settlements. Of this number, 51,100 had an Israeli-issued permit, 34,600 worked without a permit, and 17,600 had an Israeli identity card or foreign passport. (Maan)
- Students from Arab countries registered for the course at the Technion - Hundreds of students from Syria, Egypt and Saudi Arabia registered for an online course in nano-technology given in Arabic by Prof. Hossam Haick begins in March in Israel. "It will help bring us closer," say Technion people involved in creating the course. (NRG Hebrew)
- Fictitious marriage radical right-wing style - In an attempt to increase awareness to break up romances between Jewish girls and Arab guys, the radical right-wing distributed a flyer announcing the fictitious marriage between 'Mohammed and Michal to be wed at the Shahid wedding hall in Ramallah' and under the names of the parents it was written 'we hope this is not you. They also published a photo of an Arab laborer who spoke with a girl studying in an ultra-Orthodox school, claiming they caught him with a kippah in his pocket and that he was trying to court Jewish girls. Recently they also began targeting business owners who hire Arab employees distributing flyers calling them derogatory names. Radical right-wing activities in Jerusalem have reached a new level. (Moshe Heller writes in Yedioth's Jerusalem supplement)
For the full News from Israel.