0.--Number of Israelis killed in West Bank in 2012.
- Commander of the Judea and Samaria region to his officers: Sharpen the rules of engagement for opening fire - Gen. Hagai Mordechai's order was given following the death of five demonstrating Palestinians since the beginning of the month. (Maariv, p. 8/NRG Hebrew)
- U.S. pro-Israel Jewish figures sign ad endorsing Hagel as Defense Secretary - Meanwhile, other right-wing pro-Israel groups, including Christians United for Israel, continue to wage a campaign against Hagel citing controversial remarks on Iran. (Haaretz+)
- Palestinians: "Herod's tomb is ours" - Enormous exhibition next month at Israel Musuem that will show tomb of the King of Judea has enraged the Palestinians, who claim that the tomb was removed in violation of international archaeology laws from the Herodean archeology site, which is located in the territory of the Palestinian Authority. The Museum: "With the closure of the exhibition, all the finds will be returned to the site where they were found." (Maariv, p. 9)
- Israeli MK Hanin Zuabi accuses Yair Lapid of hating Arabs - Israeli-Arab MK responds to Yesh Atid chairman's comment that he would not join a blocking majority with Arab parties. (Haaretz+)
- Dov Lipman: A self-proclaimed congressman for English-speaking immigrants to Israel - Rabbi Dov Lipman, No. 17 on the Yesh Atid ticket, was as surprised as anyone that he will soon be joining the Knesset. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.