DON'T START ME UP

Rolling Stones to Trump: Knock It Off

The Rolling Stones have finally asked Donald Trump to quit using their songs at his campaign stops.

During his victory speech on Tuesday night — when he effectively became the GOP presidential nominee — Trump again blasted a Stones song over the loudspeakers, this time the 1981 hit “Start Me Up.”

The British rock n’ roll band is now urging Trump to cut it out. Now.

“The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs and have requested that they cease all use immediately,” a Stones spokesperson said in a statement on Wednesday.

In February, The Daily Beast first reported that The Rolling Stones had never granted the Trump camp permission to use their songs.

Other artists featured on Trump’s campaign playlist — such as Elton John, Aerosmith and Neil Young — have asked Trump 2016 to knock it off.

The Stones’ publicist did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment regarding whether any legal action would be taken or considered if the Trump campaign does not stop using their songs. The spokeswoman did not immediately respond when asked if an official cease-and-desist had been sent.

Member of the band do not appear to be Trump fans in any sense.

“Can you imagine President Trump? The worst nightmare,” Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards told Billboard late last year. “But we can’t say that. Because it could happen. This is one of the wonders of this country. Who would’ve thought Ronald Reagan could be president?”

Lead singer Mick Jagger, for his part, went out of his way to diss former Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney in an original blues song that he performed on Saturday Night Live in 2012.

Asawin Suebsaeng