After reports of the Galaxy Note 7 catching fire and exploding while charging, Samsung has launched a global recall on the smartphones, which debuted only a month ago. About 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7s have already sold, and the company said Friday it received 35 individual allegations of the phones combusting. For every million devices sold, the company estimates about 24 had the faulty battery. Koh Dong Jin, president of Samsung’s mobile communications business, called the recall and likely financial aftermath “heartbreaking.” The company said it may take two weeks to have replacements ready; many of the faulty devices are being quarantined in shops around the world that had been prepared to debut them today.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED