"I am the leader of Hamas. I tell you and the whole world, we are ready to resort to a peaceful way, without blood and weapons as long as we attain our Palestinian demands: a Palestinian state and the ending of the occupation and the (West Bank separation) wall."-Khaled Mashaal says in an interview with CNN - largely ignored by the Israeli media.
- Gaza cleric calls violation of Israel truce sinful - New fatwa issued by leading Gaza Muslim cleric says honoring truce 'duty of each and every one of us.' (Agencies, Ynet)
- Hamas to probe 'unlawful executions' of alleged collaborators - Group announces creation of committee to examine executions of Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel during Gaza op. (Ynet)
- IDF chief: Situation along Gaza border seems 'positive,' but only time will tell - Speaking to army recruits following visit to the border, chief of staff refuses to comment on report alleging Israel is monitoring an Iranian ship with arms meant for Gaza. (Haaretz+)
- Lapid says offered Livni to be his No. 2 - Lapid follows Labor's Yachimovich in calling on former Kadima chairwoman to join his party. (Ynet)
- (E.) Jerusalem resident charged with spying for Hezbollah - Indictment suggests Asam Mashara met with Hezbollah officials in Lebanon, received instructions on how to transfer encrypted information. (Ynet)
- Lieberman defends Gaza ceasefire - In special interview with Jewish News One in Jerusalem, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman discusses recent Gaza conflict, addresses debate over whether ceasefire agreement has won tangible security gains for Israeli public. (Ynet VIDEO)
For the full News from Israel.