The Obama administration has condemned a deadly attack at an Istanbul soccer stadium that left at least 38 dead and 155 wounded on Saturday night. “The attack appears to have targeted police forces,” National Security Council Spokesman Ned Price said in a statement released late Saturday. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and loved ones, and to all the people of Turkey.” Price went on to express solidarity with the country, which has suffered a spate of terrorist attacks in recent months. “We stand together with Turkey, our NATO Ally, against all terrorists who threaten Turkey, the United States, and global peace and stability,” Price said. Although no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, Turkey’s Interior Minister said Saturday that “the evidence so far points to PKK,” the Kurdistan Workers Party, which is known for targeting police and military. Thirteen arrests have been made in connection with the attack, though details on the suspects have not been released. On Sunday, more than 100 demonstrators gathered in central Istanbul to condemn the attack.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW