Ford Motor Co. has canceled its plans for a new $1.6 billion manufacturing plant in Mexico and will instead spend $700 million to expand a Michigan facility. Prior to the 2016 presidential election, the company announced that it would end all small-car production in the United States and move it to Mexico over the next two to three years. Additionally, Ford said at the time, the small-car production would simply be replaced in Michigan by the Ranger midsize pickup and possibly the Bronco SUV. “We didn’t cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business,” Ford CEO Mark Fields told CNN on Tuesday. The president-elect had previously taken credit for Ford not closing a plant in Kentucky to move to Mexico—a move the company vehemently denied was ever in the works.