Authorities said the Syrian suspect in Sunday’s suicide bombing at a music festival in Germany left behind a video on his phone that described the attack as “revenge” and pledged loyalty to ISIS. The 27-year-old was reportedly denied asylum in the country last year, and he detonated a bomb near the Ansbach festival after he was denied entry. Joachim Herrmann, Bavaria’s interior minister, said officers discovered jihadi content on the phone and on devices found in the suspect’s home. He was the only person killed in the attack, but more than 12 people were wounded. Herrmann told reporters that the video has led officials to believe the bombing was a terrorist attack. On Monday, the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the event.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW