Guy Pelly, who has been asked to be Prince George’s godfather, releases raunchy video with lesbian sex scenes to promote his new posh nightclub.
He already has his naughty uncle Prince Harry to take him out partying, but should Prince George need another spiritual guide through the chaos and lithe young things that make up London nightlife, it’s good to hear that William’s pal Guy Pelly has been asked to be godfather to the infant Prince.
Pink-cheeked Pelly, a posh nightclub promoter, is something of a legend in London society circles for his magical ability to combine outrageous behavior with unlimited reserves of charm. His ability to renounce the devil and all his works remains in question, however.
Guy Pelly (Dave M. Benett / Getty Images)
Pelly, a pal of both Harry and William, was best known professionally for his former nightclub Public which was a firm favorite of the young royals until it was shut down last year.
Kate made her first public appearance today since the birth of baby George
Pretty damn impressive, that Middleton girl.
At a time when most new moms are still struggling to get out of the front door without being covered in regurgitated milk, Kate Middleton was back in the spotlight today for her first public engagement - supporting her husband as William kicked off a 135-mile ultra-marathon which circumnavigates the island of Anglesey, where the couple have been living for the past two years.
Mark Cuthbert/UK Press, via Getty
Needless to say, all the focus was on the new mom, who was braving the universe just five and half weeks after giving birth to her first baby. Maternity leave is over, it seems.
UK paper rolls over and pulls pictures of Kate shopping from their website
You know when you dip your toe in the water and then decide not to go in after all?
Well, that basically sums up the fairly feeble efforts of the reputable UK newspaper the Daily Telegraph to push the envelope and publish some harmless pictures of Kate shopping (that have already been seen around the world online).
For Kensington Palace has won its latest privacy battle with the British media after the website of the Daily Telegraph took down its story about Kate Middleton's supermarket shopping trip in Anglesey this week, which included paparazzi photos of the Duchess looking amazingly trim just five weeks after giving birth and listed items in her shopping cart.
As of this morning an error message was on the landing page of the story about the Duchess of Cambridge's first sighting since giving birth to Prince George. Kate's office refused to make any comment, but are likely to be jubilant that the once-troublesome British press has been so easily brought to heel.
The actress speaks 'as a mother' of her fear of upsetting Diana's sons with new movie.
Naomi Watts has said that she was so worried about how Diana's sons would react to her portrayal of their mother in the forthcoming biopic that she twice turned down the role.
Naomi revealed: "The biggest reason that made me pause was how the princes were going to feel about this.
"There was actually quite an eerie moment in London when I did see Prince William in a restaurant, and I got very nervous, because if I caught his eye I didn't want to interpret a look and think he had a negative feeling about this idea, so I made sure not to look.
"I do care deeply about how the princes feel, of course. I am a mum of two boys. But it was a story that was bound to be told at some point, and it's possibly fresher than people expected."
Watts told the Sunday Times she had taken some convincing to sign up to do the movie, which has been dismissed as based on gossip by Hasnat Khan, the doctor on whose story it is based.
"I turned it down twice," she said. "I was a little bit torn, but once I'd said no, I wasn't completely at peace. Sometimes when you say no, you feel free, but it just wasn't the case.
"There was something very intriguing about this woman's life. It was extraordinary ... I liked the idea that there was this fame—no one at that level can really survive it, I think. It's a very dark thing, but it's kind of true."
Pippa Middleton proves her commercial pulling power as the supermarket magazine she writes for rockets up the U.K. charts.
Laugh all you like at her excessively simple party tips—and plenty of us have chuckled at the suggestion that turkeys are perfect for “larger gatherings”—but Pippa Middleton has clearly got the Midas touch.
For new figures published this week show that the supermarket magazine she writes for in England has enjoyed a staggering 17.4 percent rise in circulation in the past six months, a bigger jump than any other publication in the U.K. for the most recent period of sales figures. Pippa’s arrival has transformed Waitrose Kitchen from a dowdy has-been into a dynamic force to be reckoned with that is now the U.K.’s 15th-biggest magazine title with sales of 412,000.
Pippa Middleton attends the Wimbledon tennis championships in London on July 5, 2013. (Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex )
Or, as the creators of the satirical @pippatips Twitter account (which Pippa’s humorless lawyers are trying to shut down) might say: “Putting the sister of Kate Middleton on the cover of your magazine is a fun and easy way to boost your circulation.”
UK papers appear to be testing the boundaries when it comes to pap pics of Kate
A fresh royal privacy row is brewing after paparazzi pictures of Kate Middleton shopping at her local supermarket on the island of Anglesey in Wales were published in the UK yesterday.
A senior courtier told the Daily Beast today that Kate's team at the palace is "considering their options" after the British press flouted a long-standing agreement not to publish snatched pictures of Kate going about her daily business.
Although Kensington Palace has long accepted that they cannot prevent foreign media publishing long-lens pictures of the Duchess, they have in recent years succeeded in striking deals with most of the domestic UK media whereby access and the odd tip are traded in return for self-censorship when it comes to pictures which intrude on her private life. The UK media has demonstrated particular restraint in choosing not to publish pictures taken without authorization of Kate in Wales.
So the publication of pictures of Kate’s supermarket sweep by a number of papers yesterday, including the usually staunch Daily Telegraph, which also listed all the items in her trolley, came as something of a shock.
SAS embarrassed by claims, report says
One has to be cautious of Diana stories in the Daily Express, which has been running them regularly for the past sixteen years, but today's instalment - that the SAS has launched an internal inquiry into how the elite regiment became embroiled in allegations that it killed Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed - has the ring of truth.
The Express quotes sources 'close to' General Sir Peter Wall, head of the British Army, as saying that the controversy was “the most embarrassing and potentially damaging event in the regiment’s 70-year history”.
According to the paper, another officer called it a “fiasco” for a regiment “supposed to operate in the shadows”.
Scotland Yard announced earlier this month that they were examining new evidence after the family of a former Special Forces operative allegedly broke the code of silence surrounding her death.
The claims originate from the family of a star witness who appeared in a recent court case involving members of the elite SAS Special Forces unit. In a letter written by the estranged in-laws of a man known only as “Soldier N,” it is claimed that the ex-Special Forces operative had boasted that the SAS “was behind Princess Diana’s death” in conversations with his ex-wife.
With speculation building that Prince Harry is planning to get engaged to his girlfriend, Cressida Bonas, Tom Sykes sifts the evidence.
While the royal family’s answer to Liz Taylor and Richard Burton (that’s Fergie and Andrew) have been grabbing the most wedding rumors this week, there is every possibility that a more imminent engagement could be in the cards.
And for Prince Harry to marry his girlfriend of almost two years, Cressida Bonas, we wouldn’t have to wait for Prince Philip to die first, which is undoubtedly a precondition of any fresh York hookup.
Speculating about when and with whom Harry might walk down the aisle has been a popular pastime ever since his brother's nuptials, and the truth is, like the rest of us, he ain’t getting any younger.
Man murdered at game park where William proposed to Kate
Prince William's office said today that he is 'saddened' to learn of the death of a retired army officer who helped run a game reserve where he proposed to Kate Middleton.
Lieutenant Colonel David Parkinson, 58, was killed after a gang of five robbers, armed with machetes and a gun, broke into his house in Kenya.
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, fed a 5-year-old black rhino called Zawadi involved in a translocation project as part of Tusk Trust when he he visited Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in Kent on June 6, 2012 (Chris Jackson / Getty Images)
According to Sky News, during the confrontation, Lt Col Parkinson's hand was cut off and he was fatally wounded.
Kate Middleton photographed out shopping in Wales
The Royalist's sources told him that Kate would be heading down to Wales with her baby prince, and so it has come to pass.
And today Kate was photographed shopping at her local supermarket, wearing Sebago flats, a stripy top and shades perched jauntily on her head, the first time she has been pictured since the birth. Popsugar have all the pics! And yes, she look fantastic.
Hasnat Khan breaks his silence to launch scathing attack on new biopic
I, for one, am waiting with bated breath for the new Diana film to come out next month, but the man at the centre of the narrative, Diana’s penultimate lover Hasnat Khan, is not quite so excited, slamming the movie as mere, “gossip,” and vowing he will never see it.
Naomi Watts as Princess Diana in the new film, Diana.
Dr Khan, who was nicknamed Mr Wonderful by the Princess, has rarely spoken to the press but has been provoked into launching a scathing criticism of the forthcoming movie, claiming it was “completely wrong” and vowing he would never watch it after seeing just one still image from the film, which shows the actors playing him and Diana side by side at the hospital where they met.
Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, Dr Khan, commenting on the actors’ stance in the still, said: “I could tell immediately those were never our mannerisms at all, with [my] hands folded behind the back and all that. You could tell from that picture that it is all just presumed about how we would behave with each other, and they have got it completely wrong. There wasn't any hierarchy in our relationship. She wasn't a Princess and I wasn't a doctor. We were friends, and normal people stand like friends with each other.”
Fergie’s dramatic rehabilitation continues, with reports she and Andrew could ‘formalize’ their newfound affection.
There could have been no clearer demonstration of the continuing contempt in which Fergie—or rather “The Duchess” as she insists on being referred to despite the “Call me Sarah” attitude always on display during TV interviews—was held than when the invites for William and Kate’s wedding were sent out in 2011.
Astonishingly, among the thousand-plus invitees, Sarah Ferguson’s name was not on the list. The royals hate Fergie, and they are not afraid of showing it.
Prince Andrew is seen kissing Sarah Ferguson on the balcony, after their wedding ceremony at Buckingham Palace in this photo. (Bettmann / Corbis)
But now, in an astonishing reversal of fortune for the loud-mouthed redhead who became the bane of the British establishment, Fergie has been invited back to the Queen’s Scottish estate, Balmoral, for the first time in 20 years—and the British press was swirling this weekend with amazing rumors that she and Andrew have reignited their romantic relationship and may even be planning to remarry.
Breaking the royal tradition, pics were taken by proud grandfather, Michael Middleton.
Mario Testino is the royal portrait photographer of choice, but for the first official shots of Prince George, William and Kate chose to keep it in the family.
Photographs beamed around the world depicting the future king of England were taken by a proud grandfather in the family’s backyard. The photo credit on these images reads: Michael Middleton.
Mike and Carole were the first visitors to the Lindo wing of St Mary's hospital and their close relationship with their daughter has seen Kate spend her first weeks with the baby in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
After leaking early on Twitter.
The first official family portraits featuring newborn Prince George were released today, after being leaked on Twitter three hours early. The two portraits show Duchess Catherine holding the baby with Prince William. In one, the couple’s cocker spaniel, Lupo, is seated next to them. (We think we also spy Tilly, the Middleton family’s golden retriever, just out of the frame.) Breaking from tradition, the pictures were taken earlier this month not by a professional photographer, but by Kate's father, Michael Middleton, outside a royal setting, at her family’s home in Bucklebury.
The Diana conspiracy theorists have struck again, and this time Scotland Yard is investigating. Despite mountains of evidence to prove her death was an accident, Tina Brown says some fantasists just can't let it go.
Here we go again. Scotland Yard has revived the old phantoms of conspiracy with the announcement that it is looking into new claims that Lady Diana and her lover, Dodi Fayed, were victims of an assassination. According to a new book by Alan Power, The Princess Diana Conspiracy, the latest allegations of murder most foul spring from the trial of one Sgt. Danny Nightingale, an SAS sniper convicted of possessing illegal weapons. The estranged parents-in-law of a witness against Nightingale, “Soldier N,” claimed he had told his wife that an SAS unit called The Increment had contrived to make Diana’s chauffeur crash into the 13th pillar of Paris’s Pont de l’Alma Tunnel on August 31, 1997, by disguising a secret service agent as a paparazzo to shine a strobe light into the driver’s eyes.
Diana, Princess of Wales, in Zenica on August 9, 1997. (Ian Waldie/AP)
This is old potatoes indeed, but Scotland Yard is taking it seriously enough to announce an investigation. And perhaps the most interesting aspect is that this time the allegations have not come from Dodi’s crazed, vengeful father, Mohamed Al Fayed, who spent 11 years accusing Prince Philip of ordering up the hit team to assassinate Diana to stop her from marrying a Muslim (by whom, he claimed, she was pregnant).
At one time in the frantic aftermath of the tragedy, there were not just thousands of feverish stories of high-level plots to cause Diana’s car to crash but 35,000 conspiracy sites, factories of fantasy. They were all blown out by the first of the French inquiries and then by the exhaustive official inquest in London in 2008.
Prince Harry’s girlfriend is the opposite of Kate Middleton in every way. Tom Sykes examines the evidence: a pair of Doc Martens, some dungarees, and that infamous scrunchie.