Witnesses said on Sunday shelling continued in southern Yemen despite a five-day humanitarian ceasefire declared by a Saudi-led coalition of pro-government forces. Houth rebels reportedly blasted residential areas near the city of Taiz, according to witnesses. The bombing came after at least 10 Houthi rebels were reportedly killed by an explosion in the Abyan province minutes before the truce took effect. The Saudi-led coalition said it would pause airstrikes at midnight to allow for humanitarian aid. Earlier on Sunday, the Houthis rejected the truce, citing it as an opportunity to allow government forces to regroup. The AFP also reported gunfire near Aden less than an hour after the truce came into effect.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED